About the Program
The Center’s Technology Department IT is seeking a Senior Systems Analyst. Reporting to the Associate Director of IT Support, the Senior Systems Analyst will be responsible for assisting the Center’s tech team with providing support to all local and remote sites to all network users.
About the Position
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and ensure integrity for network and telecommunications infrastructure for our headquarters and remote offices.
- Manage and own backup strategies on and off site.
- Perform administration tasks via Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM.
- Perform account administration tasks within Google G Suite.
- Contribute, maintain, and document system standards and procedures.
- Create and deploy Windows 10 images using SCCM.
- Provide Tier II/III support adhering to schedules, ensuring that all SLA are met.
- Provide exceptional customer service in person, via phone and email as appropriate
- Train staff on common technology issues.
- Assist Tech Support Analysts with issues, helping them improve their skills and abilities.
- Collaborate with NYS Unified Court System’s IT staff with security and network management.
- Network infrastructure and security planning with regards to scalability and redundancy, perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, resource optimization as well as evaluate new technologies that may improve user experience and technology for the organization.
- Assist the Technology Department with improving processes and communication to be more efficient and work towards the organization's vision.
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and IT processes, ensuring our organization is leveraging the best tools and processes for our needs
- Maintain and work with teammates on keeping up to date equipment inventory.
- Traveling to remote offices, in and around New York City, to provide infrastructure and user support.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years in a related area. The ideal candidate must have In-depth knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy and SCCM. Knowledge of macOS and Mac applications are preferred. Knowledge of Hyper-V environment, Powershell, TeamViewer, ESET, Faronics Deep Freeze, MaaS360 MDM and VoIP phone systems is a plus. The candidate must enjoy and be adept at picking up new technologies. The candidate must have the ability to work in multi-disciplinary a team-oriented, collaborative environment. The candidate must have the ability to effectively communicate technical issues to non-technical staff. The candidate must be highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently, with minimal direction, in a fast-paced environment. They must possess a keen attention to detail and can multitask and handle shifting priorities. Occasional travel to remote offices in and around NYC will be required.
How to Apply
If you are unable to access email, you may submit materials by mail or fax to:
Center for Court Innovation
520 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10018
Note: The Fund for the City of New York/Center for Court Innovation is an equal opportunity employer. The Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other category protected by law. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities as well as individuals with prior contact with the criminal justice system.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Learn more about us at www.courtinnovation.org.
The Fund for the City of New York/Center for Court Innovation is an equal opportunity employer.