About the Program
Bronx Community Solutions’ pretrial supervised release program provides regular monitoring and referral services to misdemeanor and non-violent felony defendants whose cases are pending Criminal Court. The goal of the program is to provide community-based supervision for individuals who would otherwise be detained pretrial on low bail amounts.
Bronx Community Solutions is seeking a Resource Coordinator. Reporting to the Associate Director of SRP Court Operations, the Resource Coordinator will facilitate the program referral process for pretrial release shortly before or after a defendant is arraigned. The Resource Coordinator will review all available information about each potentially eligible defendant to determine whether they are suitable for the program. Once participants are enrolled in the program, they will provide written and verbal update to the court including defense attorneys, Assistant District Attorneys, and Judges on a regular basis. This position is also responsible for providing court coverage to various Criminal and Supreme Court parts, including specialized court initiatives and conducting screenings and assessments for alternative to incarceration cases.
About the Position
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one year in a related area, preferably as a criminal justice practitioner. Excellent written skills are a must. Candidate must be skilled communicator able to work in multi-disciplinary setting and maintain strong relationships with multiple agencies and organizations both onsite and in the community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with defense attorney to identify participants who will likely have bail set at arraignments;
- Screen appropriate misdemeanor and non-violent felony defendants at arraignments to determine risk level and program eligibility;
- Communicate with prosecutors, defense attorneys, and other court staff about eligible defendants’ suitability for programs;
- Recommend pretrial release of eligible potential program participants;
- Ensure that all defendants who are release to pretrial supervision are connected with a case manager;
- Provide written and verbal case updates to the court and other court staff as needed including compliance reporting;
- Maintain appropriate client information in electronic databases and hard files, including court assessment, screening and outcome information;
- Track cases and manage multiple court room assignments;
- Maintain good courtroom relationships with all participants and partners;
- Assist with data collection and management.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and writing sample to Email , with Resource Coordinator as the subject line of the email.
If you are unable to access email, you may submit materials by mail or fax to:
Subject line: BCS Resource Coordinator
Attn.: Elizabeth Swan-Taylor
Bronx Community Solutions
215 East 161st Street,
Bronx, New York 10451
Note: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Learn more about us at courtinnovation.org.
The Fund for the City of New York/Center for Court Innovation is an equal opportunity employer.