About the Program
Its operating project, Bronx Community Solutions (BCS), is located within the Bronx Criminal Court building. The goal of BCS is to provide judges with increased sentencing options for non-violent offences, such as drug possession, prostitution and shoplifting. Combining punishment with assistance, BCS seeks to reduce the Bronx’s reliance on ineffective short-term jail sentences and build public confidence in the system, both by holding offenders accountable and offering them needed assistance to avoid further criminal conduct.
Reporting to the Coordinator of Intake and Scheduling Operations, the Receptionist/Office Assistant will perform administrative and programmatic duties to support operations for Bronx Community Solutions and play a key role in the client intake process as the front desk presence.
About the Position
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as initial contact for all BCS clients;
- Manage front desk and waiting room area;
- Maintain a professional and welcoming environment;
- Ensure clients’ needs are addressed in a timely and professional manner;
- Assist with rescheduling client appointments;
- Support the Intake department and conduct intake interviews as needed;
- Monitor social service groups as needed;
- Assist with oversight of supplies including ordering, tracking inventory, deliveries, distribution and communicating with staff around supply needs;
- Develop and maintain staff contact lists;
- Assist with planning and logistics for community partner meetings, site visits and other events;
- Assist with processing vendor payments, staff expenses, metro card orders and other financial matters related to the project site;
- Assist with onboarding for new employees.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree. Excellent writing and strong organizational skills required. Experience using Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Power Point, Word) required. Candidate must be flexible in learning office management systems, working independently and operating in a fast-paced environment across multiple departments. Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send a cover letter and resume to Email , with Receptionist/Office Assistant as the subject line of the email.
If you are unable to access email, you may submit materials by mail or fax to:
Bronx Community Solutions
Attn: Willie Bernardez
215 East, 161st Street
Bronx, NY 10451
Note: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Learn more about us at courtinnovation.org.
The Fund for the City of New York/Center for Court Innovation is an equal opportunity employer.