About the Program
The Midtown Community Court seeks a Program Associate for UPNEXT, a family engagement and job training program for non-custodial fathers. The program provides tools, training and resources for participants to successfully compete in today’s job market and connect with their families. The Program Associate serves an important role at UPNEXT in serving as the first point of contact for interested fathers and referral partners. Reporting to the UPNEXT Program Coordinator, the Program Associate will be responsible for ensuring that eligible participants enroll in UPNEXT and are supported as they begin programming.
About the Position
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schedule and perform intakes with referred clients
- Conduct program outreach phone calls to clients to keep them engaged pre- and post-intake
- Facilitate orientation group
- Provide reminder calls/messages for clients regarding program start date and other events
- Maintain relationships with program referral sources to ensure a smooth client-referral process
- Assist Program Coordinator in creating and implementing outreach and recruitment strategies that will ensure meeting enrollment goals
- Provide client updates to referral partners as necessary
- Represent UPNEXT at community outreach events, partner meetings, including some evenings and weekends
- Ensure thorough and accurate record keeping and reporting on progress and compliance of clients
- Input data into case management systems and provide other assistance to ensure proper tracking of clients
- Administer pre- and post-program surveys to participants
- Attend weekly staff meetings and report on updates on new participants
- Provide evening and weekend coverage for programming as necessary
- Collaborate on larger Midtown projects and events when necessary
- Provide program support to the Program Director and Midtown staff as required
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or 1-2 years in social services. Excellent written and verbal communication and computer skills required. Candidate must be an outgoing, personable and professional individual who possesses great customer service skills; a detail-oriented, self-starter who takes initiative and can get things done in a high-paced environment, and a team player. Knowledge of ex-offender population and family support services a plus. Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly desired.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and writing sample to Email , with Program Associate as the subject line of the email.
If you are unable to access email, you may submit materials by mail or fax to:
Attn.: Farrah Maurice
314 W 54th St
New York, NY 10019
The Fund for the City of New York/Center for Court Innovation is an equal opportunity employer. The Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other category protected by law. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities as well as individuals with prior contact with the criminal justice system.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Visit our website at www.courtinnovation.org.
The Fund for the City of New York/Center for Court Innovation is an equal opportunity employer.