About the Program
The Harlem Community Justice Center is seeking a Director of Program Operations. Reporting to the Project Director the Director of Program Operations will provide operational leadership for all programming. The Director of program Operations will be an integral part of the Justice Center’s management team and will foster a culture promoting teamwork, innovative ideas and excellence in service delivery. This includes the creation and oversight of data management and reporting procedures and may also include the direct supervision of staff within those programs. The Director of Program Operations will assist with the initial startup of all new programs coming to the Justice Center, and the development of program protocols policies and procedures.
About the Position
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and or prepare grant progress reports and other program reports as needed;
- Conduct internal audit of program files and electronic databases to ensure compliance of grant deliverables;
- Assist the Deputy Project Director in fiscal reporting on all Justice Center budgets;
- Work with Deputy Director to manage the Justice Center’s research and evaluation efforts to support program development, program data management, case management database;
- Assist the Deputy and Project Director in fundraising and grant management activities, including pre-proposal brainstorm meetings, drafting/organizing of proposals and progress reports, and tracking of deliverables for each funding stream;
- Assist with grant writing and reporting as needed;
- Represent the Justice Center at community events and meetings;
- Facilitate and attend meetings as required on and offsite;
- Oversee programmatic operations of all Justice Center programs including, Housing Help Desk, Reentry Programs, Youth and Community programs;
- Working closely with the Deputy director to assist with the hiring and training of program staff;
- Assist the Deputy and Project Director in community project planning and implementation;
- Ensure that all Justice Center programs are meeting / exceeding contractual goals and performance measures;
- Maintain communications / productive relationships with community organizations, local elected officials, and community stakeholders and partner agencies;
- Assist in the design, startup and implementation of all new programming at the Justice Center.
The ideal candidate will have a graduate degree in social work, public administration or law. The candidate must have three or more years of significant experience in a leadership and/or management role. Extensive experience managing budgets and grant contracts, as well as experience with research and data required. The ideal candidate will be sensitive to the needs of the populations served by the Justice Center and will be committed to the philosophy and mission of the Justice Center. The candidate must be a strong relationship builder with experience managing and leading diverse teams. Candidate must also be able to multi-task, be highly organized and possess excellent attention to detail. The candidate must also be a skilled communicator able to work in a multi-disciplinary setting and have knowledge of the worlds of, housing, youth services, reentry and criminal justice services. Individual must have sound analytical and presentation skills, client engagement skills, and have experience with Microsoft office and database programs.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Email , with Director of Program Operations as the subject line of the email.
If you are unable to access email, you may submit materials by mail or fax to:
Note: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Learn more about us at courtinnovation.org.
The Fund for the City of New York/Center for Court Innovation is an equal opportunity employer.