About the Program
Operating through Bronx Community Solutions, the pretrial supervised release program will provide regular monitoring and referral services to misdemeanor and non-violent felony defendants whose cases are pending Criminal Court. The goal of the program is to provide community-based supervision for individuals who would otherwise be detained pretrial on low bail amounts.
Bronx Community Solutions is seeking a Compliance Specialist. Reporting to the Coordinator of Compliance and Internship, and working in collaboration with Supervised Release Program supervisors, the Compliance Specialist will provide compliance support to Supervised Release program staff and assist with implementation of quality control procedures to enhance program efficiency when tracking and reporting on compliance measures. The Compliance Specialist will assist in overseeing the day to day operations of data collection and management to ensure the effectiveness of proper compliance reporting. The Compliance Specialist will work with Supervised Release Program managers to ensure standardize practices in reporting.
About the Position
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Assist Supervised Release case management staff in meeting ongoing client based compliance measures (scheduling, collateral outreach and court compliance representation);
· Assist case management staff in meeting ongoing court based compliance measures (tracking re-arrests alerts and non-compliance court outcomes and reviewing and delivering court memos) as needed;
· Manage program data entry into the justice intranet database — data collection and input of court appearances and outcomes, re-arrest notifications, non-compliance outcomes and case closures;
· Track city-wide arrests for all pending court appearance and assist with managing the re-arrest alerts and program staff notifications;
· Conduct monthly program manager meetings to discuss program compliance measures and strategies to ensure all protocols are being met;
· Assist with auditing and monthly data cleanup;
· Develop innovative ways to research, present and utilize programmatic trends to improve quality of services and program;
· Attend all required staff meetings and trainings.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree a minimum of two years working in a criminal court setting and/or human service field. Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds in a culturally-competent manner required. Candidate must have a professional demeanor and ability to communicate appropriately with judges and other court personnel. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and writing skills required. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Email , with Compliance Specialist, SRP as the subject line of the email.
If you are unable to access email, you may submit materials by mail or fax to:
Attn.: Elizabeth Swan-Taylor
Bronx Community Solutions
215 East, 161st Street
Bronx, NY 10451
Note: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Learn more about us at courtinnovation.org.
The Fund for the City of New York/Center for Court Innovation is an equal opportunity employer.