About the Program
The Harlem Community Justice Center is seeking a Case Manager for the Harlem Parole Reentry Court to work. Reporting to the Reentry Coordinator, the Case Manager will work with individuals who have been imprisoned for violent and non-violent offenses and are making the transition from life in prison to responsible citizenship. The Case Manager would be part of a team of Reentry Specialists providing assessments, counseling, service referrals and linkages, and compliance monitoring with the goal of reducing recidivism and assisting clients in making a successful transition back into their communities.
About the Position
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct in-reach with clients incarcerated in New York State Correctional Facilities;
- In consultation with parole officers and clients, create a supervision plan that addresses the conditions of the client’s release and their criminogenic needs;
- In ongoing counseling sessions, assist clients identify and address any barriers to community reintegration;
- Provide aggressive follow-up with community partners to ensure clients’ needs are being met;
- Conduct field visits, including home visits;
- Provide crisis intervention;
- Participate in case management team meetings;
- Conduct cognitive behavioral therapy groups;
- Maintain records of all case management meetings and regularly update reentry database;
- Provide reports and recommendations to the Reentry Team regarding clients’ progress in all treatment and service areas;
- Participate in the preparation of progress reports and grant proposals as necessary.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years experience working with formerly incarcerated persons or a similar justice-involved population. Candidate must be a skilled communicator who is able to work in a multi-disciplinary setting and maintain strong relationships with multiple agencies and organizations both onsite and in the community. Experience using cognitive behavioral interventions strongly preferred.
Position Type: Full-time, some evening hours are required
How to Apply
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements with Reentry Case Manager in the subject line to: email@example.com.
If you are unable to access email, you may submit materials by mail or fax to:
Harlem Community Justice Center
Attn: Bradley Pierre, Project Director
170 E. 121st Street
New York, NY 10035
Note: The Fund for the City of New York/Center for Court Innovation is an equal opportunity employer. The Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other category protected by law. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities as well as individuals with prior contact with the criminal justice system.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Learn more about us at www.courtinnovation.org.
The Fund for the City of New York/Center for Court Innovation is an equal opportunity employer.