About the Program
The Policy and Research team is seeking an Associate. Reporting to the director of policy and research and working closely with the deputy directors of research-practice strategies, the managing research director, and the director of research and data implementation, the Associate will provide a broad range of support to the policy and research team, with a particular focus on writing, grant management, and general administrative support.
About the Position
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the administration and coordination of the team’s national consulting work, including the MacArthur Foundation’s Safety and Justice Challenge, research projects and activities, and restorative justice initiatives;
- Assist with fundraising, proposal writing, new project development, and idea generation;
- Assist team members in the planning, implementation, project management, and review of new and ongoing initiatives;
- Anticipate, track, and prepare for grant deliverables, schedules, and deadlines across the department;
- Draft reports and prepare presentations related to criminal justice reform projects;
- Provide planning support for the department, including coordinating contracting and invoices; travel and accommodation for site visits; preparing conference materials; and organizing and documenting departmental meetings;
- Provide general administrative support to the director of policy and research.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and be highly organized, with excellent project management skills. Must have a strong writing ability – and ideally, enjoy writing under the pressure of a deadline. Strong communication skills and comfort interacting with local and national justice system stakeholders and funders required. Proficiency with word processing, power point, spreadsheet, and database programs required.
- Committed to criminal justice reform, systems change work, and social justice.
- Fill-the-gap mentality; willingness to take ownership and solve problems.
- Able to be autonomous, with a passion for driving even the most challenging efforts forward.
- Collaborative and supportive with team members.
- Sense of humor, critical thinking skills, and ability to manage a fast-paced work environment are a huge plus.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send a cover letter and resume to Email , with Associate as the subject line of the email.
If you are unable to access email, you may submit materials by mail or fax to:
Note: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Learn more about us at courtinnovation.org.
The Fund for the City of New York/Center for Court Innovation is an equal opportunity employer.