Matthew Watkins is the writer in the Communications department, creating and editing everything from full-length reports to tweets. Previously, Matthew taught European history at New York University and Adelphi University and spent six years as a radio reporter, editor, and documentary producer at the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation in Montreal, Toronto, and Iqaluit, Nunavut. Matthew has a B.A. from McGill University in Philosophy and History and a Ph.D. in History from NYU.
- Project SAFE: Improving Services for Criminalized Black Women
- Designing Decarceration: Architect Deanna Van Buren
- The End of Rikers? A conversation with Courtney Bryan about the Lippman Commission and its recommendation to close the Rikers Island jail facility
- Reducing New York City's Jail Population
- Problem-Solving in L.A.: Multiple Issues, One Collaborative Court