Manager, Domestic Violence Programs
As coordinator for the Center’s domestic violence programs, Nida Abbasi provides expert assistance to courts and communities seeking to enhance their approach to domestic and sexual violence. Prior to joining the Center, Ms. Abbasi worked as a civil legal aid attorney in Illinois and represented domestic violence survivors on orders of protection and family law matters. She has also worked on policy reform and gender-based violence issues in Detroit, Chicago, and Cape Town. Ms. Abbasi holds a B.A from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School.
- Increasing Collaboration between Criminal and Civil Courts in Domestic Violence Cases: Best Practices for Increasing Access to Justice
- Planning Domestic Violence Training Programs for Your Community: A Practice Guide
- Fact Sheet: Adapting Deterrence Strategies for Domestic Violence Offenders
- Cultural Responsiveness and the Courts
- Enhancing Collaboration Between Domestic Violence Courts and Supervised Visitation Services
- The Windham County Integrated Domestic Violence Docket: A Process Evaluation of Vermont’s Second Domestic Violence Court