For your summer reading pleasure, here are several recent products from the Center for Court Innovation.
- Reducing Chronic Absenteeism: The Youth Justice Board, an after-school leadership program for New York City teens, offers recommendations detailing how schools can improve attendance rates.
- Alternatives to Incarceration Are Cutting Prison Numbers and Crime: An op-ed in The Guardian by Greg Berman looks at the impact of alternative-to-incarceration programs in New York.
- Rockefeller Drug Law Reform Put Politics, Science in Sync: A commentary by Michael Rempel in the Albany Times Union highlights legislative changes in New York that have led to a dramatic increase in defendants linked to drug treatment as well as significant cost savings.
- Court Reform on Trial: Malcolm Feeley's classic study is re-released by Quid Pro Books with a brand-new foreword by Greg Berman.
- Statewide Evaluation of New York Drug Courts: An evaluation of 86 drug courts across New York State that explains which court policies and practices lead to the greatest impacts.
- Youth Court As Diversion: An examination of the Staten Island Youth Court that documents the program's impact on case outcomes for 16 and 17 year old defendants referred from Criminal Court.